The SOLARTEG® solar roof tile is a new technology solution, a building element (for roof covering, sun shading, ) + an energy generation component (photovoltaic panel) = all in one solar and roofing (SOLARTEG® licensed patent for Italy, Europe and RoW).
MADE IN ITALY – NO ELECTRICAL WIRES – SHORT INSTALL TIME – EASY INSTALL PROCESS – BEAUTIFUL – SAFE – WARRANTED
Our solar roof is a very efficient energy roof and it is really easy and quick to install because photovoltaic solar tiles GTFV connect smoothly as Lego bricks do. They are safer than traditional photovoltaic panels thanks to the patent of the integrated electrical connector that do not require electrical cables. They do not meet issues of maintenance and the cost is competitive. Tiles red-brick colour are already available on the market and we are developing the slate-like ones.
The Company, after two years of studying research and development, produces and commercialize since 2015 a made-in-Italy product with innovative features in the following aspects:
- DESIGN: the frame in thermosetting resin (SMC) is shaped in order to reproduce, on an enlarged scale, the shape of traditional roof, for an architectural integration respecting the strictest landscape or architectural regulations/laws.
- COLOUR: the red cells, fully customizable, inserted in the baked-coloured frame, create a chromatic effect that is similar to the one on typical tile roofs.
- CONNECTOR: the GTFV are electrically connected to each other thanks to a contact (cable-less) patented connector, which provides quick and simple installation on the roof.
- STRUCTURE: the structure and the material give the GTFV very high mechanical strength. The GTFV is walkable and resistant to snow and accidental loads and it does not deform in case of freeze/thaw cycles. This product is guaranteed 25 years on manufacturing flaws
10 solar roof tiles ≅ 1kwatt ≅ 8sq.m
Patented integrated electrical connector
Patent N. IT MI2012A002087 – N. PCT/IB2013/060657
- EU 13818439.5
- USA 14/649.435
- CANADA n. 2.891.846
- Electric power of the tile: 100 Wp
- Warranty: This product is guaranteed 25 years on manufacturing flaws
- Ways of supply: the standard tiles are available in our SOLARTEG stock located in Bernareggio (MB-Italy), ready for delivery up to 5 Kw (50 tiles). Delivery takes place on pallets of 9 tiles each. Properly packaged, deliverable at destination, in Italy in 3-4 days from order confirmation
- Roof coupling systems: the tile does not require similar assembling systems of the photovoltaic classic blue panels (profiles and terminals) as it constitutes the roof covering itself. Just necessary to arrange a pattern of strips (5×4 cm, usually) on the structural supporting surface, on which the tiles are laid in successive rows with extreme simplicity and rapidity
- Test report by Certification Body KIWA CERMET Italia (EIC 61215 EIC 61730) – CLICK HERE
- Fire tests report by LAPI Spa Fire testing Division (EIC 61730) – CLICK HERE
Installation Instructions for SOLARTEG® solar roof tiles GTFV
- Place the first solar roof tile (in the right-hand corner of the roof) on the supporting structure (e.g. wooden beam)
- Overlap the second solar roof tile on the left of the first one, by aligning the shaped flaps. The edges will intersect to provide watertight locking.
- Insert the connector (copper screw) in the hosting hole and fasten to full closure (do not force beyond the full resistance point).
- Once the row is completed, add the lateral connectors (lower red connector on the right end, upper black connector on the left end) and check proper electric continuity across the row with a tester connected (via an extension cord) to the lateral MC4 terminals.
On even rows (2-4-6-etc.) the color of the later connectors are switched (black on the right end, red on the left end) as polarity is reversed.