- Aesthetic solution: red-terracotta coloring (fully customized) – Design and colour choise like typical roofs
- Safe: the patented connector is integrated into the tile, without wires (patent EU13818439.5)
- Walkable and waterproof area: the SMC (Sheet Molding Compound) frame is fireproof, crushproof and ecofriendly (100% recycled). With its high mechanical resistance, the solar roof tile is a walkable area which can sustain 400 Kg/m2 (snow).
- Easy to install: an interlocking system with just four fixing points and an electric connection without wires, allows a faster and cheaper installation with respect to the classical PV modules.
- Lightweight: the tile weight around 15 Kg/tile and it is adapted to sismic zones
- Hight energy efficiency: the frame unique design optimises the space to make solar energy
- Long life expectancy, more than a typical roof
Advantages for the final customer
- Two services in one, solar and roofing: covering/shading + reliable, clean and independent electricity generation (no risk of black-out)
- Safety: the photovoltaic field is safe and not accessible or easy to be stolen (since it is integrated in the building)
- Optimization of sun-exposed surfaces: no need for extra space for ground-based photovoltaic field, no shades
- Aesthetically pleasing ensemble, with typical Italian style roofing. Customizable color of the roof.
- Reliable production of electricity at zero operating cost
- Almost zero cost maintenance
- Durability, resistance, and watertight roof closure
Advantages for the proponent (roofing company, constructor, installer, designer)
- Innovation and differentiation from competitors: a new way to conceive roofing
- Opportunity for higher overall value offered to the final customer (not only the building but also electric energy supply), with customizable colors (both frame and cells)
- Contribution to the environment protection and sustainability
- Compliance to local norms and laws toward pollution reduction
Advantages for the institutions/public entities involved
- Participation in the “renewable energy revolution”: public entities (municipalities, public agencies, sponsors) involved in “integrated photovoltaic” projects can claim to support the global revolution against fossil fuels and climate change, while contributing to save our planet and promote clean development
- Depending on the country, photovoltaic can also be claimed to reduce dependence from foreign energy supply, while exploiting local renewable resources